3/21 Compare: RA 2.3.1 and RCT2.4.6; Evaluate RCT2.4.7
These questions help you develop the thinking skills needed to analyze different texts on the same subject. For your science report, you need to analyze the information and decide which is the most valid and relevant.
Compare the two “Save the Orangutan” brochures
1. What are two ways the purpose of these brochures are the same? Include a detail from brochure 1 and a detail from brochure 2 in your answer.
2. What are two ways the information in these brochures are different? Include a detail from brochure 1 and a detail from brochure 2 in your answer.
3. How does the first author's feelings about orangutans compare to the second author's feelings about orangutans? Include one detail from the first brochure and one detail from the second brochure.
4. The author of the first article states "working to make [others] aware of the critical survival issues facing the remaining wild orangutan populations." Provide two examples from the second brochure that demonstrates "working to make [others] aware of the critical survival issues."
5. Both these brochures provide information about orangutans. Which brochure presents the stronger argument? Include at least two details from each brochure to explain your reasoning.